Georgia Water Operator Continuing Education
The following are continuing education courses for water operators looking to renew their Georgia water operator license. The courses we offer cover all aspects of water operation from sedimentation to hydrants and groundwater wells to disinfection. These courses have been approved by the Georgia Board of Water & Wastewater Treatment Plant Operators to provide water operators with required CE credits.
What are the Continuing Education requirements for Georgia water operators?
The requirements to renew a Georgia water operator certification are:
- Class I Operator Water/Wastewater = 48 hours (24 CE Points)
- Class II Operator Water/Wastewater, Industrial Wastewater Operator, Laboratory Analyst Water = 36 hours (18 CE Points)
- Class III Operator Water/Wastewater, Water Distribution System Operator, Wastewater Collection System Operator = 24 hours (12 CE Points)
- Class IV Operator Water/Wastewater = 12 hours (6 CE Points)
- For Water licenses, at least 50% of the hours must be in coursework approved for Water or both.
- For Wastewater licenses, at least 50% of the hours must be in coursework approved for Wastewater or both
Courses are approved by the Georgia State Board of Examiners for Certification of Water and Wastewater Treatment Plant Operators and Laboratory Analysts.
State Of Georgia Water Operator License Renewal Deadlines
- Georgia Water and Wastewater Operator license renewal is due by June 30 of every odd year.