This course will fulfill 3 of your required hours for South Carolina water operators.
This course will provide an overview of corrosion control. Students who take this course will learn about:
- The public health effects of copper and lead contamination - Learn about the the EPA's Lead and Copper Rule and how high levels of these two contaminants can lead to serious health issues.
- Sample levels - Be informed of safe levels of various contaminants caused by corrosion.
- Corrosion control through chemical addition - Discover what chemicals may be safely added to a water supply to limit corrosion.
- Cathodic protection - Explore how electrical current can be used to neutralize corrosion of metal exposed to water.
Show Course ID: 0
- Approved By: South Carolina Board of Environmental Certification
Tony Goff, holds a Bachelor's degree in Business Law and has over twenty years of experience in the water industry. Tony holds an upper management position with a large water district in Southern California. Tony is a Subject Matter Expert in the field of drinking water distribution and holds a treatment 5 certificate and a distribution 5 certificate.