This 10 Hour CE Package for water operators in Rhode Island counts for 10 hours of credits towards renewing your license!
This package includes study topics on sedimentation, corrosion, oxidation, and membrane processes, which all work together to give you a thorough review of a variety of processes within the water operator industry.
The package begins with a class on sedimentation, which covers:
- Regulations - Understand the history and implications of EPA rules regulating sedimentation and filtration.
- Sedimentation - Explore the details of sedimentation and learn about particle size and density, particle charge, water velocity and temperature, how basin shape and size effect sedimentation, and much more.
- Filtration - Learn about the types of filters and their specific uses along with basic filter operation and maintenance to ensure you know how to keep filters in service, and return them to service if they're non-operational.
From there, we move into corrosion, which includes:
- The Public Health Effects of Copper and Lead Contamination - Learn about the EPA's Lead and Copper Rule and how high levels of these two contaminants can lead to serious health issues.
- Sample Levels - Be informed of safe levels of various contaminants caused by corrosion.
- Corrosion Control Through Chemical Addition - Discover what chemicals may be safely added to a water supply to limit corrosion.
Oxidation is next, which teaches:
- Choosing a Treatment Process - Understand what must be considered when choosing an appropriate water treatment process.
- Ozone Disinfection - Explore the history of ozone in water and know the process of ozonation.
- UV Disinfection - Discover the intricacies of the process of UV disinfection.
The package finishes off with a class on membrane processes, which covers:
- Reverse Osmosis - Discover what reverse osmosis is, and the advantages and disadvantages to reverse osmosis systems.
- Nanofiltration - Educate yourself on effective use of nanofiltration and learn why this method is so effective at removing certain contaminants that other process can't.
All of these topics are put together with the water operator in mind, to give them the best continuing education that they can do at their own pace!
Show Course ID: 1
- Course ID(s): RIDWQ-2016 - 0051, RIDWQ-2016 - 0049, RIDWQ-2016 - 0050, RIDWQ-2016 - 0047
- Approved By: Rhode Island Deptartment of Health
Tony Goff, holds a Bachelor's degree in Business Law and has over twenty years of experience in the water industry. Tony holds an upper management position with a large water district in Southern California. Tony is a Subject Matter Expert in the field of drinking water distribution and holds a treatment 5 certificate and a distribution 5 certificate.