This course will fulfill 3 of your required hours for Rhode Island water operators.
This course will provide an overview of corrosion control. Students who take this course will learn about:
- The Public Health Effects of Copper and Lead Contamination - Learn about the the EPA's Lead and Copper Rule and how high levels of these two contaminants can lead to serious health issues.
- Sample Levels - Be informed of safe levels of various contaminants caused by corrosion.
- Corrosion Control Through Chemical Addition - Discover what chemicals may be safely added to a water supply to limit corrosion.
- Cathodic Protection - Explore how electrical current can be used to neutralize corrosion of metal exposed to water.
Show Course ID: 1
- Course ID(s): RIDWQ-2016 - 0049
- Approved By: Rhode Island Deptartment of Health
Tony Goff, holds a Bachelor's degree in Business Law and has over twenty years of experience in the water industry. Tony holds an upper management position with a large water district in Southern California. Tony is a Subject Matter Expert in the field of drinking water distribution and holds a treatment 5 certificate and a distribution 5 certificate.