NC Water Utility Management
- 4 Hour Course
This course is separated into two modules.
The first module is on "Waterworks Management" and includes the following:
• What Makes a Good Manager;
• How to More Effectively Manage Your Waterworks Operation;
• Management Theories - a chance to see how managerial philosophies and strategies have evolved over the years and what has been learned from this history that can inform how we effectively manage today; and
• Risk Management - a specific area within management that is especially vital for waterworks operations.
The second module covers "Security and Safety Procedures" and utilizes recommendations by OSHA, NIOSH, the EPA, the AWWA, and other industry organizations to address:
• The risks to which Water Treatment Operators are exposed in a typical work environment;
• Ways to mitigate or avoid these risks
• Reporting requirements;
• Who's responsible for workplace safety;
• First aid and access to care for more serious injuries; and
• Common-sense recommendations for how to work more safely and help to make water/wastewater (w/ww) treatment facilities as illness and injury-free as possible.
Show Course ID: 0
- Approved By: North Carolina Operators Certification Board
Jerry previously served the state of North Carolina as a Level III electrical inspector and provided state-approved electrical training for electrical inspectors at both Alamance County and Guilford County (NC) Community Colleges. Jerry taught the Kentucky state-approved four-year electrical apprenticeship programs offered by the Independent Electrical Contractors (IEC) Trade School and Associated Builders and Contractors (ABC) Trade School, and served the state of Kentucky as a Master Electrician and Louisville Metro Code Enforcement Officer. Jerry is a Certified Distance Education Instructor (CDEI) and NCCER Core and Electrical Curriculum certified instructor. Jerry currently holds North Carolina and ICC electrical inspector accreditations and is recognized by the state of Washington as an approved electrical administrator.