After completing this course, the licensee should be able to:
• Define a fluid.
• Define pressure and identify common units of pressure measurement.
• State Pascal's Law and give an example of its application.
• Explain the difference between gauge pressure and absolute pressure.
• Explain the Bernoulli Effect and give three examples of how it is utilized in industry.
• Explain how a siphon works.
This course gives you the opportunity to earn IACET CEUs through our parent company Certus. As an IACET Accredited Provider, Certus offers IACET CEUs for its learning events that comply with the ANSI/IACET Continuing Education and Training Standard. To earn IACET CEUs, you must:
- Complete all lessons in the course,
- Correctly answer every quiz question posed through the course, and
- Complete the course evaluation.
Assessment Information: This online course presents each section with commentary, a graphic illustration or photograph, and requires the learner to answer multiple choice questions after reviewing the content. The learner must complete all multiple-choice questions for each section correctly to get IACET CEUs, a certificate of completion, or state license renewal credit for the course. If the learner's first response is incorrect, learners will be immediately allowed to answer the question again until the correct answer is chosen. Question choices are randomized, so each participant will have a unique testing experience
Prerequisites: This course has no prerequisites.
Course Demonstration Video
Show Course ID: 0
- Approved By: Department of Environment and Energy
Ralph Stevens is a water Subject Matter Expert, licensed in California, Nevada and Arizona as a Grade 3 Wastewater Treatment Plant Operator. Ralph has worked in wastewater for almost 50 years, starting as an operator in a wastewater treatment plant and serving most recently as the Maintenance Reliability Supervisor for the Clark County Water Reclamation District. He is a certified Class Trainer for the California Water Environment Association (CWEA) and has served as the Operations and Maintenance Chairperson for the same organization. He has won a number of awards for his work, including CWEA Electrical and Instrumentation Person of the Year (2015), Safety Plant of the Year (2017), and the WEF Burke Safety Award (2019). Ralph goes out of his way to help and protect staff and the environment.