This class provides MSDH Regulatory Hour credit.
This course will fulfill 1 of your required hours for Mississippi water operators.
This course will provide an overview of Source Water Issues and PreTreatment. Students will learn about:
- The Hydrologic Cycle - Discover the basics of the water cycles. This information creates the foundation for understanding how water is used and reused during all process of the water treatment process.
- Surface Water Sources - Explore various types of contamination that occurs in surface water sources.
- Pre-Treatment Concerns - Learn about oxygenation, aeration, and other issues related to pre-treatment of water.
- Ground Water Sources - Investigate some of the treatment issues unique to groundwater.
Show Course ID: 1
- Course ID(s): 1973
- Approved By: Mississippi Department of Health
Jerry previously served the state of North Carolina as a Level III electrical inspector and provided state-approved electrical training for electrical inspectors at both Alamance County and Guilford County (NC) Community Colleges. Jerry taught the Kentucky state-approved four-year electrical apprenticeship programs offered by the Independent Electrical Contractors (IEC) Trade School and Associated Builders and Contractors (ABC) Trade School, and served the state of Kentucky as a Master Electrician and Louisville Metro Code Enforcement Officer. Jerry is a Certified Distance Education Instructor (CDEI) and NCCER Core and Electrical Curriculum certified instructor. Jerry currently holds North Carolina and ICC electrical inspector accreditations and is recognized by the state of Washington as an approved electrical administrator.