ME Sedimentation and Filtration (3 Hrs)
- 3 Hour Course
- 4.6 5 Reviews
This course will fulfill 3 of your required hours for Maine water operators.
This course will provide an overview of sedimentation and filtration. Students will learn about:
- Regulations - Understand the history and implications of EPA rules regulating sedimentation and filtration.
- Sedimentation - Explore the details of sedimentation and learn about particle size and density, particle charge, water velocity and temperature, how basin shape and size effect sedimentation, and much more.
- Filtration - Learn about types of filters and their specific uses along with basic filter operation and maintenance to ensure you know how to keep filters in service, and return them to service if they're non-operational.
Show Course ID: 1
- Course ID(s): 221-WT4O-AYP
- Approved By: Maine Drinking Water Program
Tony Goff, holds a Bachelor's degree in Business Law and has over twenty years of experience in the water industry. Tony holds an upper management position with a large water district in Southern California. Tony is a Subject Matter Expert in the field of drinking water distribution and holds a treatment 5 certificate and a distribution 5 certificate.