This course will fulfill 2 of your required hours for Maine water operators.
This course will provide an overview of meters, valves and hydrants. Students who take this course will learn about:
- Meters - Discover various types of meters, including positive-displacement, current or velocity, compound, and proportional meters. You'll learn something about the application and installation of these units.
- Valves - They are needed to control water flow and pressure, to isolate portions of the distribution, for pressure relief in the operation of pumps, and to facilitate the repair of system facilities. Learn all you need to know about valves, including installation and maintenance.
- Hydrants - Hydrants are primarily used for providing water, traveling through our pipelines, to fight fires and for other emergency purposes. Learn all about the design and installation of these necessary units.
Show Course ID: 1
- Course ID(s): 113-WD03AYP
- Approved By: Maine Drinking Water Program
Tony Goff, holds a Bachelor's degree in Business Law and has over twenty years of experience in the water industry. Tony holds an upper management position with a large water district in Southern California. Tony is a Subject Matter Expert in the field of drinking water distribution and holds a treatment 5 certificate and a distribution 5 certificate.