This course will fulfill 1 of your required hours for Louisiana water operators.
This course will provide an overview of pumps and motors used in water distribution systems. Students who take this course will learn about:
- The history of pumps and motors - Explore the fascinating history of pumps and motors used in water distributions systems.
- Types of pumps and motors - Educate yourself on the various types of pumps and motors, including velocity pumps and centrifugal pumps.
- Operation - Discover how pumps operate along with the mechanical properties and components.
- Maintenance - Learn how to keep pumps and motors in good working order and what measures you can take to prevent common malfunctions.
Show Course ID: 0
- Approved By: Louisiana Department of Health - Environmental Health
Tony Goff, holds a Bachelor's degree in Business Law and has over twenty years of experience in the water industry. Tony holds an upper management position with a large water district in Southern California. Tony is a Subject Matter Expert in the field of drinking water distribution and holds a treatment 5 certificate and a distribution 5 certificate.