This course will fulfill 2.5 of your required hours for Indiana water operators.
This course will provide an overview of Source Water Issues and PreTreatment. Students will learn about:
- The Hydrologic Cycle - Discover the basics of the water cycles. This information creates the foundation for understanding how water is used and reused during all process of the water treatment process.
- Surface Water Sources - Explore various types of contamination that occurs in surface water sources.
- Pre-Treatment Concerns - Learn about oxygenation, aeration, and other issues related to pre-treatment of water.
- Ground Water Sources - Investigate some of the treatment issues unique to groundwater.
Show Course ID: 1
- Course ID(s): PWST20-7298
- Approved By: Indiana Department of Environmental Management
Tony Goff, holds a Bachelor's degree in Business Law and has over twenty years of experience in the water industry. Tony holds an upper management position with a large water district in Southern California. Tony is a Subject Matter Expert in the field of drinking water distribution and holds a treatment 5 certificate and a distribution 5 certificate.