IN Advanced Oxidation & UV Disinfection (2 Hrs)
- 2 Hour Course
- 4.8 9 Reviews
This course will fulfill 2 of your required hours for Indiana water operators.
Students who take this course will learn about Advanced Oxidation and UV Disinfection and explore topics such as:
- Public health effects of copper and lead contamination - Learn about the the EPA's Lead and Copper Rule and how high levels of these two contaminants can lead to serious health issues.
- Sample levels - Be informed of safe levels of various contaminants caused by corrosion.
- Corrosion control through chemical addition - Discover what chemicals may be safely added to a water supply to limit corrosion.
- Cathodic protection - Explore how electrical current can be used to neutralize corrosion of metal exposed to water.
Show Course ID: 1
- Course ID(s): PWST22-7961
- Approved By: Indiana Department of Environmental Management
Tony Goff, holds a Bachelor's degree in Business Law and has over twenty years of experience in the water industry. Tony holds an upper management position with a large water district in Southern California. Tony is a Subject Matter Expert in the field of drinking water distribution and holds a treatment 5 certificate and a distribution 5 certificate.