This course will fulfill 3 of your required hours for Idaho water operators.
This course will provide an overview of surface water treatment plant operations. Students will learn about:
- Regulations - Discover the history of the laws that regulate surface water treatment and the impact on your profession.
- Treatment Processes - Explore various types of treatment to deal with high algae counts, suspended solids, zooplankton, or other issues.
- Coagulation and Flocculation - Learn about the basics of aluminum and iron coagulants and chemicals to aid coagulation. You'll also learn how flocculation assists in the coagulation process by transporting coagulant so that they contact suspended fine particles to promote clumping.
- Filtration - Pore over our section on filtration to better understand the methods of filtration used in surface water treatment.
- Disinfection - Investigate the process of disinfection where you'll learn about the process of destroying or inactivating pathogens found in water.
- Corrosion Control - Learn about how pipe corrosion can lead to serious health issues and discover ways to prevent corrosion throughout a surface water treatment system.