Florida Source Water Issues and Pre-Treatment (.1 CEU)
- 1 Hour Course
- 4.4 9 Reviews
Florida Water Operators can fulfill .1 CEU (or 1 hour/10 hours) toward license renewal with this course. Depending on the class of license you possess, your required continuing education unit hours could be as little as .5 CEUs (5 hours) or as much as 2 CEUs (20 hours) per license.
This course will provide an overview of Source Water Issues and Pre-Treatment. Students will learn about:
- The Hydrologic Cycle - Discover the basics of the water cycles. This information creates the foundation for understanding how water is used and reused during all process of the water treatment process.
- Surface Water Sources - Explore various types of contamination that occurs in surface water sources.
- Pre-Treatment Concerns - Learn about oxygenation, aeration, and other issues related to pre-treatment of water.
- Ground Water Sources - Investigate some of the treatment issues unique to groundwater.
Show Course ID: 1
- Course ID(s): 8112015
- Approved By: Sponsored By: Florida University of Sanitary Education
Tony Goff, holds a Bachelor's degree in Business Law and has over twenty years of experience in the water industry. Tony holds an upper management position with a large water district in Southern California. Tony is a Subject Matter Expert in the field of drinking water distribution and holds a treatment 5 certificate and a distribution 5 certificate.