Florida Water Operators can fulfill .05 of 1 CEU (or 30 minutes/10 hours) toward license renewal with this course. Depending on the class of license you possess, your required continuing education unit hours could be as little as .5 CEUs (5 hours) or as much as 2 CEUs (20 hours) per license.
This course will provide an overview of Membrane Processes. Students who take this course will learn about:
- Source Water - Explore what types of source water can be treated using various membrane processes.
- Reverse Osmosis - Discover what reverse osmosis is, and the advantages and disadvantages to reverse osmosis systems.
- Nanofiltration - Educate yourself on effective use of nanofiltration and learn why this method is so effective at removing certain contaminants that other process can't.
- Electrodialysis Reversal - Uncover how electrical current may be used to remove contaminants from water without the use of chemicals.
Show Course ID: 1
- Course ID(s): 8112013
- Approved By: Sponsored By: Florida University of Sanitary Education
Tony Goff, holds a Bachelor's degree in Business Law and has over twenty years of experience in the water industry. Tony holds an upper management position with a large water district in Southern California. Tony is a Subject Matter Expert in the field of drinking water distribution and holds a treatment 5 certificate and a distribution 5 certificate.