Florida Water Operators can fulfill .05 of 1 CEU (or 30 minutes/10 hours) toward license renewal with this course. Depending on the class of license you possess, your required continuing education unit hours could be as little as .5 CEUs (5 hours) or as much as 2 CEUs (20 hours) per license.
This course will provide an overview of pumps and motors used in water distribution systems. Students who take this course will learn about:
- The history of pumps and motors - Explore the fascinating history of pumps and motors used in water distributions systems.
- Types of pumps and motors - Educate yourself on the various types of pumps and motors, including velocity pumps and centrifugal pumps.
- Operation - Discover how pumps operate along with the mechanical properties and components.
- Maintenance - Learn how to keep pumps and motors in good working order and what measures you can take to prevent common malfunctions.
Show Course ID: 1
- Course ID(s): 8112003
- Approved By: Sponsored By: Florida University of Sanitary Education
Tony Goff, holds a Bachelor's degree in Business Law and has over twenty years of experience in the water industry. Tony holds an upper management position with a large water district in Southern California. Tony is a Subject Matter Expert in the field of drinking water distribution and holds a treatment 5 certificate and a distribution 5 certificate.