AZ Disinfection - 2.5 PDH
- 2.50 Hour Course
- 4.9 8 Reviews
This course will fulfill 2.5 of your required hours for Arizona water operators.
This course will provide an overview of disinfection as a water treatment process. Students will learn about:
- The history of disinfection as a water treatment - Discover how disinfectants have been used in water treatment in the past, and how regulations have come to govern the use of disinfectants in the present
- Factors influencing disinfection - Uncover how certain factors, such as the number and location of microorganisms, their natural resistances, and their concentration and potency affect the effectiveness of disinfectants.
- Types of disinfectants - Explore various types of disinfectants used in the water treatment process, including chlorine, sodium hypochlorite, ozone, and chloramines.
- Proper chlorine dosing - Chlorine is the most common disinfectant used in water treatment systems. Learn about effective and safe dosing.
Show Course ID: 0
- Approved By: Arizona Department of Environmental Quality (ADEQ)
Tony Goff, holds a Bachelor's degree in Business Law and has over twenty years of experience in the water industry. Tony holds an upper management position with a large water district in Southern California. Tony is a Subject Matter Expert in the field of drinking water distribution and holds a treatment 5 certificate and a distribution 5 certificate.