After completing this course, the licensee should be able to:
• Describe dead-end and recirculating hot water distribution systems.
• List several special considerations involved in chemical pumping systems.
• Define the term viscosity and give examples of high-viscosity materials.
• Describe suction head and suction lift pumping conditions.
• Tell what three elements make up total dynamic head.
• Define static suction head.
• Contrast liquid, brake, and electrical horsepower.
• Tell what information can be gained from pump curves.
• Describe the function of the following: pump casing, shaft, impeller, wear rings, and stuffing box.
• Contrast frame-mounted and close-coupled end- suction pumps.
• Give characteristics of fluids pumped with open, semi-open, and closed impellers.
• Name an advantage and a disadvantage each for stainless steel and brass shaft sleeves.
• Explain the construction of a lineshaft turbine pump.
• Name the two types of flow in a propeller pump.
• Tell the function of diffuser vanes in an axial-flow propeller pump.
• Define electrochemical corrosion and state its cause.
• Describe fluids that can be pumped by a regenerative turbine pump.
Show Course ID: 1
- Approved By: Alabama Onsite Wastewater Board
Jerry previously served the state of North Carolina as a Level III electrical inspector and provided state-approved electrical training for electrical inspectors at both Alamance County and Guilford County (NC) Community Colleges. Jerry taught the Kentucky state-approved four-year electrical apprenticeship programs offered by the Independent Electrical Contractors (IEC) Trade School and Associated Builders and Contractors (ABC) Trade School, and served the state of Kentucky as a Master Electrician and Louisville Metro Code Enforcement Officer. Jerry is a Certified Distance Education Instructor (CDEI) and NCCER Core and Electrical Curriculum certified instructor. Jerry currently holds North Carolina and ICC electrical inspector accreditations and is recognized by the state of Washington as an approved electrical administrator.