This course will fulfill 1 of your required hours for Utah water operators.
This course will provide an overview of pumps and motors used in water distribution systems. Students who take this course will learn about:
- The history of pumps and motors - Explore the fascinating history of pumps and motors used in water distributions systems.
- Types of pumps and motors - Educate yourself on the various types of pumps and motors, including velocity pumps and centrifugal pumps.
- Operation - Discover how pumps operate along with the mechanical properties and components.
- Maintenance - Learn how to keep pumps and motors in good working order and what measures you can take to prevent common malfunctions.
Show Course ID: 1
- Course ID(s): 73722
- Approved By: Department of Environmental Quality
Jerry previously served the state of North Carolina as a Level III electrical inspector and provided state-approved electrical training for electrical inspectors at both Alamance County and Guilford County (NC) Community Colleges. Jerry taught the Kentucky state-approved four-year electrical apprenticeship programs offered by the Independent Electrical Contractors (IEC) Trade School and Associated Builders and Contractors (ABC) Trade School, and served the state of Kentucky as a Master Electrician and Louisville Metro Code Enforcement Officer. Jerry is a Certified Distance Education Instructor (CDEI) and NCCER Core and Electrical Curriculum certified instructor. Jerry currently holds North Carolina and ICC electrical inspector accreditations and is recognized by the state of Washington as an approved electrical administrator.