This course will provide an overview of Source Water Issues and Pre-Treatment. Students will learn about:
• The Hydrologic Cycle - Discover the basics of the water cycles. This information creates the foundation for understanding how water is used and reused during all process of the water treatment process.
• Surface Water Sources - Explore various types of contamination that occurs in surface water sources.
• Pre-Treatment Concerns - Learn about oxygenation, aeration, and other issues related to pre-treatment of water.
• Ground Water Sources - Investigate some of the treatment issues unique to groundwater.
Show Course ID: 1
- Approved By: Missouri Department of Natural Resources
Tony Goff, holds a Bachelor's degree in Business Law and has over twenty years of experience in the water industry. Tony holds an upper management position with a large water district in Southern California. Tony is a Subject Matter Expert in the field of drinking water distribution and holds a treatment 5 certificate and a distribution 5 certificate.