AR Wastewater Treatment Processes
- 5 Hour Course
After completing this course, the licensee should be able to:
• List and define the different stages of treatment that can be found at a modern wastewater treatment plant.
• List the various solids separation processes.
• List the equipment used in each solids separation process.
• Describe how each piece of equipment involved in solids separation operates.
• Determine appropriate means of treating sewage and wastewater chemically to reduce pollution.
• Identify the differences between a suspended-growth or fixed-growth biological treatment process.
• Define sludge.
• Describe how to treat sludge.
• List the major units involved in each sludge treatment process.
• List the popular methods of sludge disposal.
Show Course ID: 1
- Approved By: Arkansas Department of Environmental Quality
Ralph Stevens is a water Subject Matter Expert, licensed in California, Nevada and Arizona as a Grade 3 Wastewater Treatment Plant Operator. Ralph has worked in wastewater for almost 50 years, starting as an operator in a wastewater treatment plant and serving most recently as the Maintenance Reliability Supervisor for the Clark County Water Reclamation District. He is a certified Class Trainer for the California Water Environment Association (CWEA) and has served as the Operations and Maintenance Chairperson for the same organization. He has won a number of awards for his work, including CWEA Electrical and Instrumentation Person of the Year (2015), Safety Plant of the Year (2017), and the WEF Burke Safety Award (2019). Ralph goes out of his way to help and protect staff and the environment.