After completing this course, the licensee should be able to:
• Define a fluid.
• Define pressure and identify common units of pressure measurement.
• State Pascal's Law and give an example of its application.
• Explain the difference between gauge pressure and absolute pressure.
• Explain the Bernoulli Effect and give three examples of how it is utilized in industry.
• Explain how a siphon works.
Show Course ID: 0
- Approved By: Arkansas Department of Health
Ralph Stevens is a water Subject Matter Expert, licensed in California, Nevada and Arizona as a Grade 3 Wastewater Treatment Plant Operator. Ralph has worked in wastewater for almost 50 years, starting as an operator in a wastewater treatment plant and serving most recently as the Maintenance Reliability Supervisor for the Clark County Water Reclamation District. He is a certified Class Trainer for the California Water Environment Association (CWEA) and has served as the Operations and Maintenance Chairperson for the same organization. He has won a number of awards for his work, including CWEA Electrical and Instrumentation Person of the Year (2015), Safety Plant of the Year (2017), and the WEF Burke Safety Award (2019). Ralph goes out of his way to help and protect staff and the environment.